On track for re-accreditation of International School Award
Dartford Grammar School is extremely proud to be on-track for the re-accreditation of the British Council’s prestigious International School Award in recognition of its work to promote internationalism.
The International School Award is a badge of honour for schools that do outstanding work in international education, such as through links with partner schools overseas. Fostering an international dimension in the curriculum is at the heart of the British Council’s work with schools, so that young people gain the cultural understanding and skills they need to live and work as global citizens.
Our international work includes:
- language and cultural teaching support to our family of partner schools;
- International Careers Fair in which students at DGS and local secondary schools and sixth forms are invited to participate in a range of workshops and seminars with delegates from a range of careers linked to international work, and to speak to delegates on a one-to-one basis
- Welcoming visitors from local, national and international schools to observe lessons and provide support with teaching of MFL, IB and related international work
- A wide variety of school exchanges and visits abroad
- Work in partnership with Confucius Institute and Japan Foundation
We will endeavour to meet the requirements of the British Council, and will provide them with the evidence that they have requested, so that we can ensure that the award is re-accredited later in the year.